This article will discuss some benefits of labiaplasty.
What is labiaplasty?
It is simply a surgical process that involves the art of reducing vaginal lips or labia minora. Usually, vaginal anatomy changes in most women especially after childbirth. Some of these problems can be solved amicably with a simple gynaecological surgery.
Why you should go for labiaplasty
- It is not good to have uneven or excess labial tissue; this could be highly embarrassing. Women that are uncomfortable with the size of their labia would be unhappy sharing their sexual experiences. Most labiaplasty in Melbourne procedures are done to help women with sexual insecurity issues.
- You can easily notice women with larger labia if they are wearing tight pants or bathing suit- some are really unhappy with this, and the best thing to do would be to meet a labial surgeon.
- Labia can be upsetting for those that wear bikinis or tight costumes almost on a daily basis. For these types of women, the best thing to do would be to go for a labiaplsty operation. To a large extent, this will have a positive effect on both their personal and professional lives.
- Labial reduction also makes a woman to look beautiful.
- Having a long labial can cause untold pain for most women especially during intercourse. Thus, undergoing a labiaplasty operation would be an enjoyable experience.
- Labiaplsty operations doesn’t take much time; it would take a seasoned surgeon approximately 90 minutes to perform the operation, while the patient would be placed on a local anaesthesia for proper healing. Visit your doctor if the pain persists after 3 days.
- Labiaplasty operations can be performed successfully with other kinds of cosmetic procedures like vaginoplasty and clitoral hood reduction. If a surgeon does the operation, he / she will use a precise laser technology- this will guarantee a lower risk of infection with less bleeding.
- Labiaplasty is a very good solution- this is why most people are fond of considering it; it is also known as labial trimming, vaginal lips, labial reduction and labial surgery.
- Labiaplasty is done most times to repair the labial after disease, childbirth or injury. Most women have confirmed that undergoing for a labial operation enhances their sexual stimulations and performance.
- In the course of this operation, only one size of it is being operated upon, so as to ensure equal size. However, in rare cases, both sides could be operated upon.
- Labiaplasty can be operated upon through a process known as reduction and direct excision. This is not painful. To a great extent, this removes excess bulkiness and reshapes the outer lips.
- After the operation, patients will notice some discomfort and swelling, but this will gradually go after two weeks or more. The patients can resume mild activities like exercising, gym activities and walking within 2 to 3 days after the surgery. But before this time, patients should avoid horseback riding, biking, sexual intercourse, running, lifting heavy objects and many more.
- A woman’s self-esteem will increase after undergoing this surgery; it will increase their self-confidence, self-acceptance and enhances the way they appreciate themselves.
- Labiaplsty operation can be performed at moderate prices; most doctors charge between $4900 to $7000 to conduct it.
Did you gain something from this article? Speak with the specialist cosmetic surgeon in Melbourne at Meclinic about any of the details of this procedure.